The car inverter is a power converter for vehicles, which can convert the 12V DC power of the car battery into 220V AC power. The car inverter can use 220V power supply in the car to charge laptops, mobile phones and other devices, and can also be connected to electrical appliances within a certain power range.
The general car inverter is mainly composed of Inverter Bridge, filter circuit, control circuit, oscillator, etc. Its working principle is to convert the 12V DC power provided by the car battery through high-frequency PWM (pulse width modulation) switching power supply technology. And convert the 30kHz-50kHz, 220V AC into 50Hz, 220V AC using bridge rectification, filtering, pulse width modulation and switching power output technologies.
How to choose a right car inverter?
- The output power of the car inverter must be greater than the power used by the electrical appliances, and there must be enough margin for some electrical appliances with high starting power, otherwise it is likely to fail to start.
- At present, many electrical appliances use three-pin plugs, which requires a three-hole interface on the inverter. In addition, the USB interface is also useful. Therefore, it is best to choose a car inverter with three interfaces.
- According to the different output current waveform, the car inverter is divided into pure sine wave inverter and modified sine wave inverter. Among them, the pure sine wave inverter has stable power supply and can basically drive common electrical appliances well. The modified sine wave is actually closer to the square wave, and the quality of the output current is poor, which will cause certain damage to some electrical equipment. Although the price difference between the two inverters is large, if it is used for a long time, it is recommended to purchase a pure sine wave inverter.
- When purchasing a car inverter, please be sure to confirm whether it has functions such as overvoltage protection, undervoltage protection, overtemperature protection, overcurrent protection and short circuit protection. These functions can not only provide protection for the inverter itself. More importantly, they can avoid damage to electrical equipment.
- Choose a metal-cased vehicle-mounted inverter. Due to its high power, the vehicle-mounted inverter is relatively easy to generate heat. If the internal heat cannot be dissipated in time, it will affect the life of the components at light level, and cause fire in severe cases. On the one hand, the metal casing has good heat dissipation characteristics, and on the other hand, it also avoids the risk of fire.