On roof solar panel is less expensive and takes up less space than an off roof solar panel, but it may be less efficient, depending on your roof and where it faces. Also, it's harder for us to maintain and troubleshoot the roof panel because of the barrier to entry. The lifespan of solar panel on roof is about 25-30 years.
Solar panel is a device that directly or indirectly convert solar radiation into electrical energy through photoelectric effect or photochemical effect by absorbing sunlight. Most solar panels are mainly made of silicon. Compared with ordinary batteries and rechargeable batteries, solar cells are green products with more energy saving and environmental protection.
Putting your solar panel in the ground will have a longer lifespan as it will be more readily available, so you will be doing timely troubleshooting and maintenance. Also, it will be more efficient because the ground is cooler than the roof.
Generally speaking, the size of the area where we live is the main factor in deciding whether we install on roof or off roof solar panel. Wherever we install solar panel we must consider how to make it last longer. There are some tips for you.
- First and foremost, making 60W portable solar panel last longer requires testing and certifying solar panels in extreme outdoor conditions. Testing and certification to qualified standards is very important, especially as solar panel will require very little maintenance as it is not moving part.
- The second thing is to take advantage of the services available on your solar installation to improve life time and performance rates for many years. And there is a warranty repair and replacement that lasts 25 years, we have to take advantage of it.
- The third thing is to keep your solar panel away from dust and leaves etc. These debris can reduce the output power produced by solar panel and damage panel over time.
- The fourth thing, is to keep portable solar panel safe from small animals to avoid physical damage to cells and wiring.
- Finally, you should ask your solar system installer what steps you have to take to make your solar panel last longer, if you follow them strictly, we can confirm that you will get a life span of about 30 years.