Usually the main reason of installing the solar photovoltaic system is to produce electricity to be used in different applications. Some people lives in remote locations which are not serviced by the main electric grid, and using solar photovoltaic system for those people is a very reliable and cost effective way of electricity generation, it’s very less expensive than making extensions (installing poles and cables) to get electricity from the nearest main grid power supply.
Inverter is the equipment that converts DC power into AC power, it can provide the required power for AC loads when there is no power supply. It can be applied in the following places:
- Bus, ship and plane: using the DC power on these vehicles to provide the required power for AC loads from inverter.
- When there is no power supply, it can provide user AC power with other power equipment. For example, the inverter is used with in conjunction with the diesel generator to reduce the working time of the diesel generator, save fuel, and reduce the cost of power generator.
- Use portable power to provide temporary AC power.
There are many different types of solar inverter systems which are used for different applications, like off grid photovoltaic solar system which used for remote areas aforementioned, and grid tie photovoltaic solar system which begins its benefits from the moment it connects with the main grid, as it eliminates the monthly electric bill, and provide monthly income by selling surplus electricity to the electric utility, etc.
In addition, solar system is renewable energy source helps on reducing pollutions by limiting greenhouse gases emission.
After getting all these benefits from the solar system, you may be eligible for getting rebates from the electric utility and other authorities in your country, but there will be some conditions to be eligible for such rebates as following:
- Your solar system must be in small scale (normally your home), and it can not be solar system, it can be hydro-system or windmill system.
- Your solar system must be installed in eligible and authorized premise whether it’s your house or residential apartment or commercial shop.
- Your solar system must be completed and installed recently.
- If you have more than one eligible premise in different addresses, we mean if you have more than one solar system, you are entitled to get credit only for one premise.
- You can get only one credit for one particular solar system project, irrespective of the created certificate period which may be done in the past.
- You have to apply for such rebates/credits in a time period Not more than one year after the solar system installation date.
At the end, solar system installation projects are encouraged by governments, local authorities and global entities, so you will fully get benefits from different aspects, just the most important is to make an accurate economical study, consider all parameters, learning required conditions to get rebates before starting your solar system installation.