The installation process of solar panels must be carried out correctly to obtain the maximum solar panel system, otherwise your panels will not achieve their maximum efficiency. In order to let you know the installation process of solar panels, please follow the 7-step guide:
- Step 1: Erect the Scaffolding. To ensure the safety of the installation team, scaffolding will be built around your house.
- Step 2: Attach Roof Anchors. After the scaffold is built, the installation team will arrive. The team first installed roof anchors to fix the base of solar panels. The type of anchor used depends on the type of roof tile in your home.
- Step 3: Attach the Frame. After the anchor is installed, it is time to install the frame composed of aluminum bars. The steel bars must be installed in a straight line and parallel to each other.
- Step 4: Install the Solar Panels. Once the frame is installed, the solar panel can be installed. The panel is clamped to an aluminum frame, but not too tight at first so that there is some room for a slight adjustment later. Once all panels are set in their position, they are firmly fixed to the frame.
- Step 5: Wire the Solar Panels. Now that the panels are firmly fixed to the frame, the next step is to fix them with wires. In most cases, these panels are connected by the manufacturer’s wires. However, these wires must be connected to the inverter, which is usually in the attic. The inverter is a component of the solar array that converts the absorbed energy from the panels into AC electricity, which can then be used by household appliances.
- Step 6: Make Final Connections to the Consumer Unit. After the panel is connected to the inverter, the final connection to the consumer unit will be manufactured. In addition, a power meter will be connected to measure the actual power generated by your panel. Smart meters work well with solar panels to make meter reading easier.
- Step 7: Test the Solar Panels. After the wiring of panel, inverter and generator meter is completed, installation test shall be carried out. Once completed, the installation process of the solar panel is successfully completed.