Today, electricity has become a necessity. All most all of our day to day works requires electricity. To smoothly run these devices even after the blackout of electricity and get uninterrupted, electrical power systems are discovered. UPS and Inverter are an example of such discoveries. Although these devices work for the same intention, however, people remain confused with the difference between a UPS and an inverter.
Next, we will highlight the differences between these two devices so that you can make better use of them, having known their features. Before looking into their differences lets know more about there working.
What is power inverter?
The power inverter (car power) is a kind of convenient power converter that can convert DC12V direct current into AC220V alternating current which is the same as mains power for general electrical appliances. Inverter, it must be a kind of inverter device to make it so called. It is directly different from transformer, that is to say, it can realize DC input and then output AC. The working principle is the same as that of switching power supply, but the oscillation frequency is within a certain range, for example, if the frequency is 50HZ, the output is AC 50HZ. An inverter is a device that can change its frequency.
What is UPS?
UPS (Uninterruptible Power System/ Uninterruptible Power Supply), that is, uninterruptible power supply, is a system equipment that connects batteries (mostly lead-acid maintenance-free batteries) with the host, and converts DC power into commercial power through module circuits such as host inverters. It is mainly used to provide stable and uninterrupted power supply to a single computer, computer network system or other power electronic equipment such as solenoid valves, pressure transmitters, etc.
Functions of UPS and power inverter
The function and principle of the power inverter and the UPS power supply system are basically the same, and they mainly have the following two functions:
- Provide a way to adjust voltage changes, eliminate various electrical interference, and provide high-quality power supply;
- When the AC mains fails, it can ensure the necessary backup power supply capacity.
Differences between power inverter and UPS
The biggest difference between the two is that the UPS needs to be configured with a battery pack, the backup time is shorter, while the inverter power supply does not need to be configured with a battery, you can directly use the communication room of all levels of voltage DC screen, its capacity is larger, can be a long time to ensure uninterrupted operation of the network.
- The inverter power supply is converted from DC (direct current) to AC (alternating current), and the UPS power supply has three modes: bypass mode, mains mode, and battery mode.
- Generally speaking, the inverter is just a simple converter, and there is no impurity over electricity. A device that converts direct current to alternating current is called an inverter.
- The bypass mode of the UPS power supply is to directly use the mains power without passing through the UPS power supply host. The mains power supply mode is that the mains power passes through the rectifier of the machine to filter the impurities of the mains power, and then passes through the inverter that comes with the host. The output powers the device, while in battery mode, the DC power (battery power) is output to the device through the inverter. In this way, the equipment is well protected.
- The inverter power supply and UPS power supply system are roughly the same in function and principle, and they can achieve the following two functions: Provide a way to adjust voltage changes, eliminate various electrical interference, and provide high-quality power supply; When the AC mains fails, it can ensure the necessary backup power supply capacity. The biggest difference between the two is that the UPS needs to be equipped with a battery pack, and the backup time is short, while the inverter power supply does not need to be equipped with a battery, and can directly use the DC screens of various levels of voltage in the communication room. uninterrupted.
If you need prolonged backup power for your home or business, or you wish to protect your sensitive equipment at all times, contact us to get the best inverter on Inverter.com.