The solar inverter is one of the most important electronic components in the entire photovoltaic power generation system, but the wrong installation of the solar inverter will result in a decrease in the service life of the solar inverter. Then, the following is to introduce the installation and precautions of the solar inverter.
Tips for installing solar inverter
- Before installation, check whether the solar inverter is damaged during transportation.
- When choosing the installation site, it should be ensured that there is no interference from any other power and electronic equipment in the surrounding area.
- Before making electrical connections, be sure to use opaque materials to cover the photovoltaic panels or disconnect the DC side circuit breaker. When exposed to sunlight, the photovoltaic array will generate dangerous voltages.
- All installation operations must be completed by professional and technical personnel only.
- The cables used in the photovoltaic power generation system must be firmly connected, with good insulation and suitable specifications.
- All electrical installations must meet local and national electrical standards.
- The solar inverter can be connected to the grid only after obtaining the permission of the local power department and completing all electrical connections by professional technicians.
- Before any maintenance work, the electrical connection between the solar inverter and the grid should be disconnected first, and then the electrical connection on the DC side should be disconnected.
- Wait at least 5 minutes until the internal components are discharged before maintenance work.
- Any fault that affects the safety performance of the solar inverter must be eliminated immediately before the solar inverter can be turned on again.
- Avoid unnecessary circuit board contact.
- Comply with electrostatic protection regulations and wear anti-static wristbands.
- Pay attention to and follow the warning signs on the product.
- Preliminarily visually inspect the equipment for damage or other dangerous conditions before operation.
- Pay attention to the hot surface of the solar inverter. For example, the radiator of the power semiconductor, etc., still maintains a high temperature for a period of time after the solar inverter is powered off.
Requirements for installation location of solar inverter
- Do not install the solar inverter in direct sunlight. Otherwise additional internal temperature may be added and the solar inverter will derate to protect internal components. Even the temperature is too high to cause the inverter temperature failure.
- The installation site should be strong enough to support the weight of the inverter for a long time.
- The ambient temperature of the selected installation site is -25°C - 50°C, and the installation environment should be clean.
- The ambient humidity of the selected installation site does not exceed 95%, and there is no condensation.
- There should be enough clearance in front of the inverter to make it easy to observe data and maintain.
- Try to install it in a place far away from residents' living, and some noise will be generated during its operation.
- Ensure that the installation place will not shake.