Install on the PV rack
The installation scheme of common ground distributed projects is to install near a string of components at the closest. It adopts the fixed-rack installation or hoop-type installation to directly fix the equipment on the stand column. If this kind of scheme is used, it is required to pay attention to the strength of the rack and column, as well as the height of the solar PV inverter over ground, avoiding being submerged in stormy days because of being placed at a too low height.
Install on the roof
This type of installation is mainly used in large-scale industrial and commercial plants. Since the roof is empty and there is no roof, and the PV inverter has nowhere to be suspended, considering the reduction of cable cost, the self-made mounting racks are usually required to suspend PV. In designing the self-made mounting racks, it is required to take into account the load-bearing and fixed form of the inverter and the typhoon resistance in coastal areas.
As we all know, for every 10 ℃ increase in ambient temperature, the life of the electronic device will be shortened for 50%. For this type of installation, the solar inverter will be exposed to the sun for a long time, and the internal temperature of the inverter will increase greatly, which will seriously affect the life of the key components of the inverter. The inverter will be derated in operation in order to protect the inner components. When the temperature is too high, it will cause the temperature failure of the solar inverter. It is recommended to add sunshades to the PV inverter to avoid sun exposure.
If the solar PV inverter is installed vertically on a flat roof, shadows will be generated, so it is required to try to install the components outside the shadow of the solar inverter during installation to avoid shadowing the components.
Install on the wall
The common roof power station of the household distributed project adopts such an installation means. The solar PV inverter should be installed on the south wall as much as possible. The panel of the PV inverter should face the north to avoid sun basking. The detailed installation requirements are as follows:
- The installation of the machine should be away from the ground with an appropriate height, for the convenience of observing and reading the LED display.
- When installing outdoors, the PV inverter should be equipped with rain-proof sunscreen, avoiding direct sunlight and rain. Measures should be taken to avoid exposing the inverter directly to the sun or other heat sources.
- Leave enough space for the solar inverter installation and moving. A minimum of 50 cm of space is required around the inverter with upward and downward wind ventilation. The solar inverter that has wind ventilation from the left and right has the air entering from the side, and a distance of more than 100cm should be maintained on both sides.
- There must be sufficient load-bearing capacity, the load-bearing capacity is more than 1.5 times the weight of the inverter.
- The cooling air duct of the PV inverter is the downward air inlet and upward air outlet. The inverter should be installed vertically. It is strictly prohibited to install horizontally or upside down.
- The PV inverter must be placed in a space with air circulation. The inverter is divided into forced air cooling and natural heat dissipation. The inverter itself is a heat source, and all the heat should be emitted in time. It can not be placed in a closed space, otherwise the temperature will keep on rising.
The above is the common installation site of solar PV inverter and its precautions. I hope to help you have a better understanding on the PV inverter. The PV inverter is a relatively sophisticated instrument, so it is suggested to be installed by professionals. Please do not install on your own.