As wind turbine is very important and when there is troubles, it is not an easy case to deal with. Today, we are going to introduce 3 common troubleshooting of wind turbines to you. We hope that this article can help you.
The orientation is ineffective or cannot be adjusted.
Causes of failure:
- The resistance of the damper for leeward or rudder adjustment is too high.
- The tension force of the balance spring for head-turning and head-up speed regulation is small or invalid.
- The steering motor is out of control or running sickly or its bearing is broken.
- Anemometer or tachometer generator of the wind turbine may be out of control.
- The bearing of the steering wheel enters the soil and is poorly lubricated. The resistance is too large or the bearing of the turntable is damaged and cannot be rotated.
- The instruction of the microcomputer is wrong, and the direction adjustment fails.
- Turn damper spring pressure down.
- Adjust the balance spring to the rated wind speed and turn your head upwards or tilt your head up. If the spring fails, it needs to be replaced.
- If the electric control of the start-up steering motor is broken, replace it or replace the motor bearing, and re-install the steering motor. If the stator part of the motor is short-circuited or open, remove it for inspection, re-wire it, and re-install it after repairing. Check the anemometer and tachometer generator, replace if damaged.
- Check the slewing bearing, remove the soil, clean it and fill with oil, and replace the oil seal. If the turntable bearing is damaged and the nacelle needs to be removed for replacement. At this time, a major overhaul should be carried out, all bearings should be replaced, lubricating oil should be replaced, etc.
- Check each chip of the microcomputer, check the program, and check the magnetic starter or amplifier for control. If the chip is damaged and it needs to be replaced. If there is program error, you need to re-enter the correct program. If the starter is damaged or the amplifier is damaged, it needs to be replaced. If the shield is damaged, re-shield it. If the sensor fails, it needs to be replaced.
There is an abnormal sound when the wind wheel rotates.
Causes of failure:
- The engine room is loose or it touches the rotating parts after being loose.
- The rotor bearing seat is loose or the bearing is damaged.
- The speed increaser is loose or the gearbox bearing is damaged.
- The brakes are loose.
- Coupling damaged.
- If there is an abnormal sound, you should shutdown inspection.
- Re-tighten the hood fastening bolts.
- Re-adjust the coaxiality of the wind wheel shaft and the speed increaser, and tighten the fixed bolts firmly. If the bearing is damaged, replace the bearing and re-rotate the bearing seat.
- Adjust the coaxiality of the speed increaser and re-tighten its fixed bolts. Remove the speed increaser, replace the bearing and oil seal, and re-install the speed increaser.
- Re-fix the brake and adjust the brake pad clearance.
- Readjust the coaxiality of the generator and tighten the bolts.
When the wind speed reaches a certain rated wind speed, but the wind rotor cannot reach the rated speed, the generator cannot output the rated voltage.
Causes of failure:
- Governor cuts out, stuck in one position.
- There is contract friction between generator rotor and stator.
- Gearbox bearing or rotor bearing get damaged.
- The brake pad return spring fails and the brake pads are in a semi-braking state.
- Microcomputer speed control failure.
- Pitch bearing gets damaged.
- Pitch synchronizer gets damaged.
- The balance of the aerodynamic speed regulation is broken. The tension (pressure) should be replaced or adjusted. Find out where the pitch drive system is stuck and eliminate it. If the hydraulically driven variable pitch cylinder is stuck or leaks oil, replace the cylinder or solve the oil leak.
- The generator bearing is damaged and it should be removed and replaced. If the generator shaft is bent, you need to remove the rotor for straightening or replacement.
- Remove and replace gearbox bearing or rotor bearing, re-adjust the coaxial angle and install it.
- Check the computer output signal, control system failure. The microcomputer may be disturbed and send commands by mistake, so as to eliminate the part being interfered. Or the speed sensor is damaged and needs to be replaced.
- Replace the bearing.
- Replace or repair pitch synchronizer.