A grid-tie inverter (on grid inverter) converts direct current (DC) into an alternating current (AC) suitable for injecting into an electrical power grid, normally 120 V RMS at 60 Hz or 240 V RMS at 50 Hz. Grid-tie inverters are used between local electrical power generators: solar panel, wind turbine, hydro-electric, and the grid.
Do you know how to ue grid-tie inverter for solar systems/ PV system? Today we will show you by using a 18VDC 150W photovoltaic panel and on grid inverter, in order to form a grid-tied system, grid-tie inverter, circuit breaker and engergy calculation tables.
- Conneting the output line of the PV panel to the input of the grid-tie inverter.
- Connecting the output AC directly to the grid.
How to use grid-tie inverter?
- Turning on grid-tie inverter, the red light is on to indicate that grid-tie inverter has not started working.
- When the green light flashes, it indicates that the grid-tie inverter is working normally.
- View the energy meter, the grid-tie inverter output voltage is 234VAC, the output useful power is about 10W.
- This is related to the light intensity. The currnet useful power is around 0.44. Output frequency is 50 Hz.
See more information by clicking the video below.